Friday, February 4, 2011

DAY 1



Absolutely and simply delicious. I emphasize 'simply' because it was so simple! It is so refreshing to put together an energy boosting and system cleansing drink that is light and hydrating at the same time. Usually, I load up my smoothies with every variety of seed, nut, fruit and green imaginable... what a nice way to simplify and actually taste the few distinct flavors coming through so cleanly.

Also nice is how it is digested easily and at a faster rate due to the simplicity. The focus is on the Green, and nothing else. Today was simply bananas, romaine and water. Love it.

So what's wrong with eating a salad or cooking some kale? Why am I drinking lettuce when I could eat it? Well, I do like my salads and I am not cutting them out but here are a few highlights on the benefits of Green Smoothies from the book which has inspired me to drink to my health:

~From Victoria Boutenko's Green For Life ~

  • Chlorophyll rich smoothies are liquified sun energy
  • Green is the most missing food group in the Standard American Diet
  • Green supports and cleanses the blood and in turn, every system in the body
  • Most alkalizing food that exists on the planet
  • Offers a fiber rich friend to happily bulk up waste for elimination
  • Quick and easy on digestion, conserving energy, optimizing nutrition
  • Basically, we could all use A LOT MORE of this stuff!!!
Seriously, I am just looking to feel more energized and less dependent on caffeine.
I am not even going to get into all the fascinating Chimp studies that are the basis for this book. Rather, I highly recommend you go out and read it!

Recipe:

1 1/2 bananas
1/4 head romaine lettuce
1 cup water



No comments:

Post a Comment