Sunday, February 6, 2011

DAY 2

Alas, no picture of this beautiful smoothie. Polished off before I remembered. I think I was really needing this one to lift myself up from the caffeine withdrawal. First day without a hot cup of stimulants gave me a dull headache and an itch for something to fill the void. Just when I thought I would make it through I made a quick run to Trader Joe's for some frozen berries and wouldn't you know it, I found myself happily sipping on a tiny cup of a coffee sample! Self sabotage is oh so fascinating, isn't it?

In any case, this smoothie killed my headache and lifted my spirits right into berry heaven. Low on the glycemic scale, it is mellow and mimics most of the smoothies I am used to. I added a tablespoon of flax and switched out the apple with a banana for the boys and they made it disappear.

The recipe:

1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 apple, cored and peeled
2 cups spinach
1 cup water

No comments:

Post a Comment