Friday, February 4, 2011

Green Smoothie Adventure

Dear Friends and Followers,

Today I am embarking on a personal wellness journey. Simply put, I am putting myself up to the challenge of drinking a giant green smoothie a day for 21 days. Ultimately, I would like to be drinking a liter a day but as this seems a bit daunting right now, I am beginning by cutting it in half to one quart. I am writing this post in order to set a deliberate and mindful intention for myself. I will spend a little time each day discussing how I feel after sipping on this vibrant green liquid.

Other daily goals include:

  • Replace coffee and caffeinated tea with green smoothie
  • Go to bed by 10:30 pm
  • Spend time nurturing myself creatively and physically
  • Spend time in nature
  • Read more at night, watch less mindless computer entertainment
  • Play one lengthy game (board or imaginary) with the kids
So that's it for now. After the gym today I am making my first delicious green smoothie. And then taking a lovely walk in the woods. See you back here tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. What are the chances…haven't looked at your blog in ages and just logged on to see you JUST posted! I've been drinking green smoothies the past few days too! Cosmic. My favorite recipe right now -- 3/4 c. chopped kale, 1/2 c apple juice, 1/2 banana, 1 stalk celery, small handful of ice -- mmm! call me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo Shan! That sounds divine... must include in the line up:) Let's kick butt together!

    ReplyDelete