Sunday, February 6, 2011

DAY 3


Took the kids in-line skating today and had a blast... with no caffeine headache!

Did I mention how much I love the simplicity of this adventure? I feel like I have been picking fresh flowers and rolling in fresh spring grass when I drink this stuff! The first couple of sips and I am like, interesting... then get past the foam and I am like, I need more!

This one is so green the picture just does not do it justice. A serious emerald color, and so alive. Smells of kale and grass and earth. Very pulpy, very fibrous, but bright and clean. I like the addition of the lemon, it keeps you coming back like fresh lemonade.

There is no joke about the nutrient density here with the fresh kale. I kept the peel on my cored apple but I think taking it off would yield a slightly less fibrous result.

The recipe:

1 giant dinosaur kale leaf (or 2 medium)
1 large apple, cored
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup water

No comments:

Post a Comment